Scale Your Business By Exporting…It’s Easier Than You Think
Have you considered Exporting your product or service? Small-to-medium sized businesses are often in a good position to sell to overseas markets despite never having done so before. With over 95% of the world’s consumers outside of the United States, an increasing amount of U.S. companies are boosting their bottom line and competitiveness by meeting the world demand for innovative, quality, and made in the USA products and services.
Some believe that exporting may be burdensome and out of reach for their company, but in fact the internet, improved logistics channels, free trade agreement, eCommerce, and readily available export assistance have made exporting more achievable for even the smallest businesses.
When it comes to making new export sales, businesses often have several questions, among the most common:
• Is my product in demand?
• How do I find foreign buyers?
• How would I get paid?
• What is required to ship goods?
• Where do I start?
This is where we are here to assist. At the Kentucky Small Business Development Center, we provide tailored Export coaching services for new-to-export or experienced export small businesses. We have a team of trade certified coaches across the state who specialize in areas of:
• Export Readiness & Export Business Plan Support
• International Market Research
• Trade Financing Guidance & Export Projections Support
• eCommerce & Website Internationalization
• Mode Entry Selection, Logistics, and Documentation Education
• Facilitating an introduction to other Export Assistance Organizations
For an overview of the Kentucky SBDC export services and resources along with ways to start, grow, and fund your export sales, please find our most recent trainings.