The 2012 class of Kentucky Business Pacesetter winners will be recognized at the Kentucky Celebrates Small Business awards ceremony at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 16, in Frankfort. Community leaders, small business owners, small business advocates, the media and the public are invited to attend this event.
Videos of 2012 Winners
The businesses being honored for their positive impact on Kentucky’s economy and communities include:
- G&R Reclamation (Horse Cave)
- First In Trailer Service, Inc. (Walton)
- Kalleo Technologies (Paducah)
- Bluegrass Veterinary Specialists, PLLC (Lexington)
- Innovative Workflow Technologies, Inc. (Henderson)
- John O’s Market (Elizabethtown)
- Global Environmental Services (Georgetown)
- Boneal, Inc. (Means)
- Ferm SOLUTIONS (Danville)
- TrollandToad.Com (Corbin)
- Air Hydro Power, Inc. (Louisville)
- D&M Contracting (Richmond)
The 2012 Kentucky Business Pacesetters were selected from nominations illustrating the businesses’ efforts to change the economic landscape of Kentucky by introducing innovative products; increasing sales and/or production; boosting employment; and serving their communities. Each of the winning businesses demonstrated the intent and capacity to grow based on employee and sales growth, entrepreneurial leadership, sustainable competitive advantage and additional notable factors.
Also at this event will be the formal recognition of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Kentucky 2012 Small Business Person of the Year, Financial Services Champion of the Year and Women in Business Champion of the Year. Businesses being honored by the S.B.A. are:
- 2012 Small Business Person of the Year: Donovan Wadsworth, D&M Contracting (Richmond)
- 2012 SBA Financial Services Champion of the Year: Deborah Gray, LGE-KU Energy, LLC (Morganfield)
- 2012 Kentucky Women in Business Champion: Cathy Stafford, Ad-Venture Promotions (Lexington)
The Kentucky Small Business Development Center is a network of 15 offices located throughout Kentucky that help existing and start-up businesses succeed by offering high quality, in-depth and hands-on services. These services include: no-cost confidential business consultations, affordable business workshops, seminars, and research to make informed business decisions.
MEDIA CONTACT: Sarah Magargee-Hineman, (859) 257-7661