- Privately held
- In business for three or more years
- Employ six or more full-time employees, including the owner
- Annual sales meet or exceed $500,000
- Located and headquartered in Kentucky
- Demonstrate the intent and capacity to grow evidenced by the judging criteria.
- Pacesetters will be selected based on two or more of the following criteria:
- Growth in the number of employees
- Increase in sales and/or unit volume
- Innovativeness of the product or service
- Response to adversity
- Employee engagement and commitment
- Contributions by the nominee to aid community-oriented projects
Anyone may submit nominations, including third parties associated with an eligible second-stage business. A business may self-nominate by completing the required form. Winners will be notified by March 27. Full nomination requirements and the application are online at https://www.ksbdc.org/kentucky-pacesetters1.
The Kentucky Small Business Development Center, part of the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture, Food and Environment, is a network of 12 offices located throughout the state. The center helps existing and start-up businesses succeed by offering high quality, in-depth and hands-on services. KSBDC is a partner program with the U.S. Small Business Administration. More information on KSBDC services can be found on their website, http://www.ksbdc.org/.
UK College of Agriculture, Food and Environment, through its land-grant mission, reaches across the commonwealth with teaching, research and extension to enhance the lives of Kentuckians.