Presented by: Marcy Young, Founder & CEO, HR Alliance
Employees are a crucial part of any business. One statistic that may be troubling for business owners is that 31% of employees quit their jobs before making it to the half-year mark. This level of turnover could be devastating to a small business.
Here are some things to consider when you’re planning your employee retention strategy.
Why do Employees Leave?
- Poor leadership from their supervisors
- Dissatisfaction with company culture
- Feeling overworked and/or unsupported
- Inadequate salary and benefits
- Limited opportunities for advancement
- Need for better work-life balance
- The desire to make change
Why do Employees stay?
- Inspired by being part of something special
- Feeling Valued, recognized, respected
- Believe in the company’s mission, vision, and values
- Good compensation, benefits, and incentives
- Exciting and challenging work
- Great Relationship with their superiors
- Work-life balance
- Career growth, learning, and development