Presented by: Foster McCarl, Business Coach, ACTIONCOACH Louisville
Date: July 29, 2020
Foster talks about “The Five Dysfunctions of a Team” written by Patrick Lencioni, 2002. It is a fictional book that is straightforward and has an interesting story that relates to every company.
- Absence of Trust
-predictive/ knowledge-based trust
– vulnerable trust
- Fear of conflict- Look at your role as a leader, as you teach your team.
- Lack of Commitment- Weighing things and having the opportunity to talk about them is what gives the team a certain commitment.
- Avoidance of Accountability
- know what the goal is
- give people the tools to be successful
- people have the knowledge, know-how, and the capacity to utilize the tools.
- Inattention to Results- Inattention to Results as far as the group concerns and individuals can often point towards based on goals that are driven.
Foster added the 6 keys to a successful team
- Strong Leadership
- Common Goal
- Rules of the Game
- Action Plan
- Support Risk-taking
- 100% Involvement/ Inclusion